Saturday, January 20, 2007

What Do I Have To Do To Get A Raise?

A lot I guess. We're supposed to have reviews once a year. Well, I got one last year and I got one for this year already. Crazy right? Well, in order to get promoted to a higher grade level, my manager wants me to work on learning some new things.

I'm not opposed to learning new jobs, however some of my coworkers that are a higher level than I am actually know less than I do. I've even had to train them on some of the stuff that I know. I think my boss needs to invest in Performance Appraisal employee review software because she's horrible at reviews.

I still don't understand how I can be this "great" employee and be performing well above expectations for a new employee blah blah blah and still need to learn more in order to go 1 grade higher. It makes no sense.

Can somebody out there help me understand this?

2 comments:

John said...

From what you've briefly described, it seems like she sees a lot of potential in you. She's probably pushing you to become a better employee for you and the company. Or she's trying to squeeze more for her money out of you...

Sabrina said...

Hopefully it's that she sees potential. It's still frustrating at times.