Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Arghhh...Just Let Me Register Already!!!

Ugh, it took me forever to register. I get to Pitt to register and I had a feeling that I should stop in student accounts to make sure they applied my payment. Nope. Not only did they not apply the payment I sent 2 weeks prior, they didn't even know where the check was!! WHAT?!?!? My account is now delinquent because the payment was late. Meaning no registration because they have a hold on my account.

After arguing and throwing a temper tantrum they admitted that the person who was handling my account was on a leave so the payment was probably on her desk. So they tell me to come back in an hour. Great, except my registration appointment is in 20 minutes. I talk to my advisor and explain what happened. We set up a new appt. for Friday at 5:45pm.

I still have to pay my bill before the hold can be taken off. A quick call to my credit union and they tell me that I can put a stop payment on the check for $26 and they'll give me a new one. Ok, so I can get to the credit union and back in a little over an hour and have the hold off today.

I pace around in circles for 20 minutes, then go back to student accounts. As soon as I walk in, the lady handling my account looks up and says "oh, we found your check. You can register now." Did I mention that I used a vacation day from work for this so now I'm super ticked because the day was wasted?

On my way to the elevator I decide to stop back up at the advisors office and see if she can squeeze me in. The receptionist pulls up Ms. M's schedule and tells me she's booked for the rest of the day. But....her 11:00 hasn't gotten there yet. I run (yeah I literally ran) down the hall to her office. I ask if she can squeeze me in. She tells me that she can see me but if her 11:00 shows up, they take precedence. Ok by me. I sit down and give her the class code that I wanted. She types it up and prints it out. As I'm signing the paper, her 11:00 knocks on the door. I'm done I say to her as I stand. Sweet victory.

With registration in hand, I head to the Panther Center to get a new student id. I even took time to look presentable. I curled my hair (rare occurrence), and put on some lip gloss. I give the guy my drivers license. Oh, spring registration can't get a new id until after December 1st. But they're open 24 hours and give out id's until 10pm. Friday is December 1st so I'll just head over after work. Mission almost accomplished I head home. Now I just have to find out what books are required for the class.

No comments: