Thursday, September 20, 2012

I'm still job hunting

I have 2 jobs in the pipeline that I'm currently working. I don't really think I have a shot a either job but for various reasons.

Job 1 - there is another equally qualified candidate that I know the manager is looking at. She's a networker/brown noser which helps her. Don't get me wrong, she is qualified. I just think her people will help her.

Job 2 - is only 1 grade higher than where I am. My salary is currently at a level 2 grades above where I am. I don't think this new job will want to pay my salary when they can get someone for a few thousand dollars less than I'm already making. I've already decided that if this job offers me even a minimal raise, I'll take the job to learn new skills as well as raise my profile.

Hopefully I'll hear something within the next week. The waiting really is the worse thing.

No comments: