Thursday, September 05, 2013

My vacation was great

I didn't go anywhere and it felt great. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have gone on a "real" vacation again this year. But that's what happens when you don't plan and execute. I knew I wanted to go on vacation and I knew it was coming up. However, I didn't save anything for it and once it got here I knew it was not economically feasible for me to go.

I did have plans to do a quick baseball trip but my car decided it wasn't going to cooperate. Also there used to be bus service to the city I wanted to go to. They have subsequently discontinued that route from my city. The only way to go besides flying, which was way too expensive, was to take 2 buses. That would have turned a 8 or so hour trip into over 15 hours. Hmmmm no thanks.

I probably won't start saving for next years vacation until after January and I close on my house. At least if I start putting something away I may be able to do a really quick getaway. Sometimes that's all we need.

No comments: