Thursday, December 15, 2011

Doing Work

Guest post from: Kent Lara

When I found out the price of electricity per kilowatt hour in my area I just about had a stroke – how could I be paying that much for energy? I did some shopping and found the cheapest provider and that sent me off on a tangent – I had to find a way to save where I could. Anyway, I’ve gotten my water bill down as well as my cable and I think I’m on my way to really streamlining my household bills. I think it’s important to know what you’re paying when and at the end of the day I want to be financially responsible, not beholden to anyone (or any bank) because I can’t afford what I’m buying each and every month. I’m even thinking of cancelling my credit card to avoid charging things I don’t need to – there’s no sense in living outside your means and I’m working hard to become the most frugal person on my block. That’s a title you can be proud of!

No comments: