Friday, October 31, 2008

Getting glasses on the cheap

Paying for school is really hard. A lot harder than I imagined. I refer to it as robbing Peter to pay Paul when that's not really true. I am able to pay all of my bills and school but it feels like I'm doing a juggling act to keep everything together.

Obviously there are some places that I can cut back on. I've already switched to a lower priced cable plan and I'm looking for a cheaper cell phone plan. I also cut out some of my food expenses by not going out to eat as much. But there are some things that I'm not willing to cut back on. My eyeglasses and eye care in general is one of those things. Your eyesight is very important so I don't skimp on it's care.

I am glad that I found ZenniOptical.com which sells eyeglasses for as low as $8.00 per pair. They have a huge selection of frames and things like tint, bifocal lenses and progressive lenses to chose from. They sell directly to the customer so there is no middle man taking a cut. They also keep their advertising budget very low which helps keep their prices to customers low.

With the economy the way it is, I'm cutting expenses wherever I can. But because I'm trying to cut back doesn't mean I have to sacrifice quality.

No comments: