Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Is buying jewelry considered investing in gold?

I love jewelry. I'm pretty hard on mine so I don't wear it very often. I've broken necklaces and bracelets like you wouldn't believe. I do have several rings that I've had over 15 years because I take extra special care of them.

With the economy in turmoil, a lot of people are turning to gold, silver and other precious metals. Now I'm wondering if my gold jewelry represents more of an investment than I thought. I would love to go to holsted jewelry and buy a nice piece of gold. They have jewelry "wardrobes" meaning I can get the bracelet, necklace and earrings from the same place for a great price.

Hmmm, I wonder if I can justify buying a new pair of earrings. Hey, gold is a good investment right now.

No comments: