Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm upgrading my computer

Almost 2 months ago my computer crashed. It was awful. I couldn't do anything on my computer at all. I had the dreaded "Blue screen of death" for almost a week. Then one day I tried to boot up my computer as usual and it worked. To say I was surprised is a understatement. I was going through some serious internet withdrawal.

I can access the internet at work but all of my favorite sites are blocked out. I don't visit crazy sites either. Just message boards and online radio stations. They also block out all internet email sites. I could go to the site, but not pull up my email. I can't even get my school email at work. Needless to say, after that I was convinced that I needed to work on my computer.

I started backing up all of my files, which I hadn't done before. This time, I made sure I did it. I also upgraded to Windows Vista from XP. There are just some great features that Vista offers that XP doesn't. I run a home-based business and I need my internet. Vista also offers customer support for small businesses like mine. I've already talked to them twice since upgrading and they've been available. Even at 2am when I had insomnia.

Even if I wasn't running a small business again, I need my computer. I keep up with the news through the internet. Of course I keep up with my sports teams and school is always right there in my top 10 sites. I would lose my mind if I was without a computer for any length of time again. I'm doing everything I can to make sure that doesn't happen.

Post?slot_id=20358&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: