Sunday, August 26, 2007

Do I really want to buy a car?

Right now may not be the best time to do so. I am slowly rebuilding my credit and I do mean slowly. With large banks tightening up their credit requirements, I'm looking at getting bad credit personal loans. The downside of that is that my interest rate will be through the roof. Interest rates on car loans are generally lower than on personal loans but still.

I really want my car payment to be low. Low to me is under $300. I would prefer a lot cheaper than that but I know that's not realistic. Most of the cars that I've been looking at are between $13k-$15k and I'm looking at cars that are known for being low priced cars.

I'm leaning more towards a sedan to have more room. My last car was a suv so I'm used to having lots of room. I also don't want a 2 door car because I don't want to have to get out of the car to let someone else in.

I guess I need to work on getting my down payment together before I do anything else.

No comments: