Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I'm ready to buy a condo

Buying a condo is a scary proposition. I've been looking at prices and my head starts spinning. I can't believe some of the asking prices that people are asking. The asking prices aren't out of the norm, they're just expensive. I'm only looking for 2-3 bedrooms and 1 to 1 1/2 bathrooms. I don't expect to pay anything less than $100K. I think I should point out that I don't live in a pricey area.

$100K for a condo has me shaking my head. I don't want the maintenance issue with a house which is why I'm looking for condos. I've already starting researching properties as well as mortgages. I spend a lot of time reading a blog that offers mortgage tips. There's a lot of great information available on the site.

One of the things I learned is that subprime lenders are running scared. They're not offering mortgages to just anyone anymore. They've tighten up their standards once again. Piggyback loans are also on their way out. Mortgage lending companies are taking a hit and losing money left and right. They want to weed out the potential problems.

My lease for my apartment is up in March which is a horrible time to move. My management company has agreed to let me sign a 6 month lease instead of 1 year so I would be moving in September which is a much better time of the year. It'll be hot, but a lot easier to get around and recruit people to help me move furniture. Hey, if I'm paying all of this money for the condo, I sure want to save on the moving expenses.

No comments: