Friday, March 14, 2008

Childcare issues

Some of my coworkers have childcare issues and are considering getting a nanny. That's not something that Americans typically think of but my coworker is originally from Europe and that's normal to them. In America we think that's only something for rich people to do. But you can get a person from AuPairCare that works for a set number of hours per week. They're trained in massage and therapy techniques. They can also teach your child sign language.

I think one of the most important things that the children are exposed to is new languages and cultures during their most informative years. It's important because people that know 2 or more languages are a valuable resource in the workplace. They are usually more in demand and command a higher salary.

If I thought I could afford it, I would definitely consider an au-pair for my future teacher.

No comments: