Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Where are my manners?


I've been at this job 3 weeks and I never sent a card to my old department. I need to send them a card for the nice party that they gave me when I left. They brought in a nice lunch spread. We had cold-cuts and a sandwich ring. We also had a broccoli and rice side dish, potatoes, green beans, and a few other vegetable dishes. There was a fresh veggie tray and a meat and cheese tray. We had soda, juice, cookies, chips and desserts galore.

They also gave me a card that everyone in the area signed. They gave me a monetary going away present and my old supervisor gave me a gift card to Eat N Park (it's a local eatery). They really did a good job and I was surprised because I wasn't expecting anything. I found some really nice Business Thank You Cards that I'm getting to send to them. I'll send one to each the supervisor, manager, and the person over my manager. I'll also send one card to the group in general. Of course I'll personalize each card differently. I could actually personalize them on the website and then just sign them when I get them.

I'm such a procrastinator. I should have had these cards mailed at least a week ago. But of course I just keep telling myself that I'm giving everyone time enough to miss me, then I'll send the card. I know they'll appreciate it because I know I would. I really miss working with them sometimes.

No comments: