Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Just when you think you're getting ahead

I thought everything was going good. I got a new job with a raise in salary which will leave me with a little bit of extra money at the end of the month. I'm paid one month ahead on two of my loans and I have the money to pay for my summer class. So what went wrong? My stupid car!!!

There is work that needs to be done with the transmission. A sensor needs to be replaced, there needs to be some updates done to the sensor and I need a fluid flush and fill. Also the last owner stuck a nail in the hose connecting the windshield washer fluid to the sprayer. Then they put something down in it so that needs to be totally replaced.

The damage? $650. That is money that I was not anticipating putting out right now. I do have some money in my car account, but it's not that much. That means I have to take the money out of my savings account. This is work that has to be done. It's not like I can put it off. So I guess I'll have to tighten my belt even further until I replace my savings.

The thing that angers me the most is that this car is only 2 1/2 years old. That means the previous owner didn't do any type of maintenance on this car. And we didn't catch it in the pre-sale inspection. I had already decided that in the future I will only buy new cars instead of used. This just solidifies that position.

No comments: