Friday, March 14, 2008

Yummy dinner with the girls

My friends took me out to dinner to celebrate my new job. It was really nice because we hardly see each other anymore. We met at our old job but a few of us have moved on since then. Catching up with friends is always good.

We went to a nice restaurant that was totally out of the norm for us. We usually do casual but this was a little more formal. We had Gulf oysters as appetizers. I have to admit that I was skeptical at first because I'm not a seafood eater. But my friends convinced me to try them. I just slurped it down so I couldn't even tell you what it tasted like. Everyone else said they were good. One person even ordered them as her entree.

Somebody got up the nerve to ask how they were prepared. The waiter started talking about heating them, then cooling them and the cleaning process. I had to tune that conversation out. I don't care about my food before it hits my plate. Just cook it well done and bring it out.

My friends paid and wouldn't even let me pitch in on the tip. It was a great time hanging out with everyone. I can't wait until we have the occasion to go out again.

No comments: