Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Getting ready for school

Although there's still over a month before school starts, I still need to get ready. Tuition has to be paid, books have to be bought, and I still need to buy school supplies. It's funny, I feel like I'm back in high school worrying about school supplies and all. This semester I need a graphing calculator and some more notebooks and folders.

I'll be attending classes at two schools this semester. I'm trying to keep costs down so I'm taking a class a the local community college as well as one at Pitt. The class that I'm taking at the community college doesn't count towards my requirements, it's just a refresher course before I take my math class. With all the running around from school to school I'm doing, sometimes I wish I had gotten my college degree online. I would be able to take classes in the comfort of my own home with no running around from place to place.

I guess the one bright spot is that I don't pay for my own transportation costs. Since I catch the bus free, I'm saving the money I would have normally spent for my bus pass towards a car. Now if I could only figure out how to get gas for free!

No comments: