Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Insurance is confusing

Do I want tort or non-tort? How much of a deductible do I want? Sigh. Can you tell I'm looking for auto insurance? There are so many car insurance companies out there and so many options that I'm getting a jump on everything now.

My last car was brand new so I had to have full coverage on it. I also had a $1000 deductible. I still don't know what kind of tort coverage I had because I don't understand that at all. I'm looking at getting auto insurance quotes now. I want the amount I pay to be cheap but I don't want horrible coverage. That's why I'm doing my homework now to see who will offer what I'm looking for. There are so many companies out there that you need to compare what each company is offering. I would never take the first quote I got without shopping around.

In my state you have to have insurance to drive off of the lot with your car. I don't want to have to resort to getting dealer insurance because that is such a rip-off. I want a company in place where all I have to do is fax them the vehicle information and they fax me a policy and insurance card. I'm doing all of this to get insurance and I don't even have a car picked out yet. Oh well, I'm taking it one thing at a time.

No comments: