Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I might be able to get a higher paying job

We have several people leaving my area. Most of them are going to higher grade jobs. One person is just quitting. She doesn't even have a new job yet, she's just leaving. 2 of the jobs are a higher grade than I am. Technically, I don't qualify because I just got a "promotion" but because it's the same area my boss will let me apply.

I don't expect to get 1 of the jobs because someone else is more qualified. I am qualified for the other job. The only drawback? The supervisor for their team is very hard to work for. She stays on her employees backs. I don't know if I can handle that. My supervisor is laid back and mellow and this person is uptight.

I guess I should wait to see what they decide as far as letting me apply. If I get the job and it's a decent raise, I'll just have to deal with it.

No comments: