Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I haven't even graduated yet

I still have several classes to go before I graduate which I'm working on slowly. I figure it will take me another year or so to be done. But my advisor is already pressuring me to go to graduate school. I was totally surprised at his suggestion because my gpa isn't the best. But just from talking to me and based on my work history he thinks I would be a good candidate for the program.

To be honest I never even gave serious thought into getting a Masters Degree. Especially since I just went back to school and I'm going part time. I don't even have to stay at my school, I can go somewhere like Capella which is a online school. Then it won't interfere with my work schedule and I can study at home. There are more than 20,000 students from all 50 states and over 56 countries studying at Capella. With over 100 specializations and 15 certificate programs, I could keep my current major or branch out into another field.

This is a decision I have to think long and hard about. It's as much about money as anything else. I know that this will be hard work so it's not a decision that I want to make in haste.
This blog post was based on information provided by Blogitive. For more information, please visit Blogitive.com.

No comments: