Monday, February 04, 2008

Was it worth $2.7M-$3M for Super Bowl commercials?

I think not. Those commercials seriously sucked. I know I don't work for an ad agency and I don't do that kind of thing for a living but c'mon! I think there were only 2 or 3 good commercials.

I usually love the Pepsi commercials but the Pepsi Max/Night at the Roxbury spoof (or whatever the hell that was supposed to be) was just lame! I remember watching it thinking "Are you serious?!?!"

Year after year, the best commercials are for beer. The Bud Light "Cheese Run" commercial was pretty good. The Budweiser commercial with the horses training was good too. There were a few others, but not many.

Seriously, I think a lot of advertisers overpaid for their spots. A lame commercial is still worth it as long as people remember it right. But I don't remember half of those commercials.

I sure hope that's not as good as it gets!

No comments: