Thursday, February 28, 2008

Rejecting advertising

I have a small blog with not a lot of readers, yet. I'm slowly trying to find ways to grow my readership base. In the meantime, I'm still soliciting advertisers. I'm using Project Wonderful for example. You can have the ads auto-approved or approve them manually. I had several on this blog for $0.00. That's right their ads were free. I don't mind because eventually it will start to go up.

Then I noticed that not only were they not paying, they had the space tied up for 4 days. Ummm no, I don't think so. Getting a free ad is one thing, but I'm not going to let 1 person take up 4 days worth of ads. I would rather let 2 people each get 2 free days. At first I felt bad about rejecting bids until I thought about it. The people with the free advertising could care less what I was feeling. They just saw free space. So I cancelled the bids and decided not to worry about it.

I don't expect to get rich off of these ads. But I'm not going to let people getting them for free hog them up either.

No comments: