Friday, April 06, 2007

Memorial Day weekend I may be going on a party on the run

Have you heard of these? It's a bus ride to another city to go bar-hopping. The route is planned out and host bars are expecting the people from the bus. The first one or two bars will have food and drinks available for the trip participants. The owner of the bars that you visit touts it in their city as well, so it's usually a very high turnout. They're usually under $50 and they keep them fairly close.

In May, the trip is to Detroit. After that, the cities include Cleveland, Baltimore and New York. I don't know if I really want to go on any of those trips. The organizer is also working with a company in Cleveland so there will be people from both cities during the Detroit trip. Each city is taking 2 buses, so there will be lots of us and it should be fun.

Edited to say: My trip depends on whether or not any of my friends go. I don't want to be on a bus with a bunch of strangers. People are not usually rowdy even though they've been drinking. But I still want to go with at least one person I know.

No comments: