Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Exploring all of my investment options

There are a lot of options out there for investing money. I have cash, stocks and mutual funds already. I'm looking to add several more components though. I would like to add some bonds and some gold bullion. Why gold you ask? Well one reason is that it comes in many different forms. You can get gold in ingot or bullion form or as gold coins.

I love the look of gold ingots. However, these are investments not the kind that you wear. I'm leaning more towards gold coins though. Coins are available through companies like Monex. You can buy coins in a variety of sizes. Generally as an ounce, half-ounce, a quarter ounce, and a tenth of an ounce.

And if I don't want to take possession of the coins, I can have them stored at a bank or depository. But I like to be in total control of all of my investments. I'm sure I would have them in my storage box. I don't like other people holding onto my money or assets if I can help it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you decided where to buy your gold from? I'm also looking...just curious :>)

Sabrina said...

I'm looking at Monex. Don't laugh, but I might take a trip to go panning in California. I saw it on the travel channel and it looks ilike fun. :>)