Thursday, June 07, 2007

I have to keep a tight rein on my money

I know I seem to obsess about my money not being in my accounts, but I like to keep a tight rein on my money. My budget is stretched to the max so I have to know where every dollar goes.

Two years ago, I was drowning in debt. So bad that I had to go out and get debt help. I was totally mis-managing my money. I had so many personal loans, I don't know how I made the payments. It eventually affected my credit rating, making me take out bad credit loans. Those were the worst because they had ridiculously high interest rates.

I ended up talking to my boyfriend and getting him to help me set up a spending plan that helped me to get out from under all of that debt. I am by no means debt-free, but I'm no longer robbing Peter to pay Paul.

No comments: