Sunday, June 10, 2007

Wrapped around my finger

That was the first song I heard this morning when I woke up. You know how you hear a song and it takes you back to a certain time or place? Every single time I hear that song I think of my ex-boyfriend Chris. He used to sing that song to me all the time. He would sing other songs off of the police cd to me too, but that is the main one he really liked. He could not sing to save his life so it was always funnny to hear.

That's one of the reasons why I love the Police so much. There are so many songs on the police cd that I love. I can't even name them all. I ordered their new 2 cd set and it's well worth the money. I don't think there is any other band out there like the Police.

When you consider their reunion tour, most people like me are ecstatic. I thought I would have to watch a tv special to see them perform together again. I actually get to go see them live. I'm really super excited about this. When you hear the glowing comments that other musicians have made about the band, you know they've made their mark. They have inspired many other bands. I think that's what it's all about. Not only perfecting your craft, but mentoring other bands.

There is also a contest where you can win a trip to New York to see the Police perform live. This is right up my alley. I love to travel, I haven't been to NY in forever and I'd get to see the Police free. You can bet the farm I'm entering this contest. Man would that be a sweet prize to win.

No comments: