Friday, June 15, 2007

School is getting more expensive

I was supposed to take 2 classes in the fall. Now it looks like I might be taking 3. I've been paying myself but I think I might have to take out a student loan. I can't afford to pay for the classes. I do get reimbursement from my job, but I don't have the money to kick out first.

I have to apply for a private student loan. I don't qualify for regular student loans because I took too much money the first time I went to school. So instead of going the traditional student loan route, I have to go through a bank. I do still get the low interest rates and the interest rate deductions on my taxes. Those deductions are important. I made sure I got them when I applied for my student loan consolidation loan as well.

Man, I had to take a student loan consolidation because the payments were killing me. I was paying several hundred dollars per month. Now I still pay a couple hundred dollars but not as much as before. Not by a long shot. I was paying a car payment just for student loans. No wonder I couldn't afford anything else. But with student loan consolidation I have a little bit of extra money. Of course now that money is paying tuition and books.

That's why I'm trying to get a new job. I need to make more money. School is really breaking the bank.

No comments: