Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I'm looking for a new job

I like my job. I really do. But I don't get paid nearly enough. I know that most people don't feel that they get paid what they're worth. I get paid ok for the job that I do. I need to move up in my company. The problem is that I just got a promotion so I'm unable to post for another job for 15 months.

A promotion sounds good and I shouldn't complain right? Wrong, at least in my case. My job gave me a promotion but I got it at the same time that my annual raise was due. So I got the same amount of money for my promotion that I would have gotten as a raise. And I got locked in my job because it's considered a promotion.

My uncle has suggested that I look at a executive recruiting firm for help. Recruiters can really help you because they have contacts that you as a job seeker don't have. Since most recruiters focus on a certain job field, they know that field inside out. Part of that is also know what the employer is looking for and whether each applicant meets those qualifications.

It's something I really need to think about. What I get paid now is almost a joke.

No comments: