Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I Don't Even Need The Book!

Ain't that a blip?!?! I went through all of that trouble to get the darn thing and don't even need it.

I got to class and our teacher said that she basis her questions on lecture notes, not the book. I have 11 in class assignments, 11 quizzes and the final exam. 1 in class assignment and 1 quiz score will be dropped. In class assignments are worth 100 points total. Quizzes are worth 150 points and the final is worth 150 points for a total of 400 possible points in the class.

The assignments will be for the current weeks reading and the quizzes will be for the prior week (based on the assignments). The final is cumalative. And the absolute worse part of it all is that the questions are all short answer. Helen (my professor) does not believe in multiple choice exams. So much for winging it, I better study my behind off. Hard to believe this is an introductory class. I'm so out of it as far as school is concerned. I don't really know what I was expecting but this surely wasn't it. Especially not for my first class back. I was really hoping for multiple choice and true-false questions. At least we get partial credit for showing our work.

I have decided to keep the book. That way I can read ahead and have a basis for the material as she is going over it. Also, I can try to stay away from the falling behind trap. I should be able to read at least twice a week for 1/2 hr at a time. That should cover the next weeks materials. Staying ahead of the game will help me so much when it comes to exam time.

Later gators.......

No comments: