Monday, January 22, 2007

I'm Not Co-Signing

I posted about being put on the spot by my boyfriend. His bad credit is causing him financial difficulty. I know he needs a car because of where he works, but I think he should have gotten a late model car or either a cheaper car. He didn't get a luxury car but I still think he paid too much. Add to that the fact that he got a crappy interest rate and it's really a recipe for disaster.

Well, I knew he had bad credit. But I didn't really realize how bad. I went over to his place to get him to lay his cards on the table so to speak. When I got there, he was looking for Bankruptcy Lawyers. What?!?! Are you serious? It's that bad. Oh no way am I co-signing even if it is a refinance. We are keeping our finances totally separate. I have worked too hard to get mine back together and I'm not letting a car bring it down.

Thanks to all of the people who left comments and emailed me with advise. I do listen sometimes :-)

No comments: