Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I Guess The Man Can Hold My Blog Down!

I tried to sign into my blog at work today and got the dreaded error page. It seems the IT guys went in and blocked a bunch of stuff. Anything with the word blog in it is now taboo. So if blog is in your title, you use blogspot, or if you have to sign into blogger to create new posts, access is now denied. Two out of three of these apply to me so I'm not a happy camper.

Now before anyone gets into a uproar about using company resources, I blog on my lunch hour. Since I don't have comments to moderate (hint, hint), I just focus on getting out a short post. They usually take less than five minutes to write. So I have plenty of time to eat.

I've been thinking of investing in my own domain name and hosting for a few months now, this is just another push in that direction.

No comments: