Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I need tax help

Not really with my taxes but with my exemptions. I went to an on line calculator that estimates what your pay check should be after taxes and benefits. My check is way lower than that. It's because I'm over with-holding. I know most single people claim 0 to get a large refund. I claim 1 and usually get a small refund.

According to this site, I should claim 2 and just about break even at tax time. It would be better for me to see the money in my paycheck instead of getting a refund. But I worry about not holding out enough and owing at the end of the year. I owed money 2 years ago (because I sold some stock) and I did not like it at all. I should probably just leave well enough alone and take the refund.

No comments: